Young children learn best by doing and by being involved. The nurseries possess a wide range of interactive equipment designed to promote effective and enjoyable learning through play.
As well as our curriculum based EYFS learning, our practitioners take the lead of each child, and provide further opportunities to develop language and literacy skills around their interests.
We welcome parental feedback, and we are happy for parents to highlight any areas of learning they feel their child shows a particular aptitude in, or areas of learning they would like us to focus on.
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
We support the EYFS principals of learning, and continuously implement strategies which help us ensure your child develops them throughout their time with us.
We apply the EYFS principles for all children , 0-5 years, and further adopt the early learning goals for children aged 2-5.
Principles of Learning
- Every child is a unique child who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and carers
- Children develop and learn in different ways. The framework covers the education and care of all children in early year’s provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities
Early Learning Goals
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Problem Solving, Numeracy and Reasoning
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical Development
- Creative Development